- Boston, MA or Woonsocket, RI
- Job Terms:
- Hourly (Contract)
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Christena Peterson
Aquent's Fortune500 client in Boston, MA is looking for a UX Researcher for a 6 month assignment (40h/rs 5 days, on-site in Boston, MA) with strong potential to extend beyond. This role will require travel approximately 1-2 times per month to the Providence, RI area, as well. All travel and parking will be reimbursed when traveling to the Providence location.
- Design and administer usability studies on a wide range of web-sites and mobile apps
- Attend intake meetings with a variety of stakeholders and help guide discussions surrounding appropriate UX research methods to achieve business and design goals
- Lead all phases of usability test preparation including test script development, working closely with UX designers and product owners to develop a comprehensive research approach
- Identify and implement a variety of methods for getting input and feedback from customers, including lab usability studies, usertesting.com studies, online (remote-moderated) usability studies, and others as appropriate
- Analyze results and efficiently prepare reports detailing the outcome of usability studies
- Present findings with actionable recommendations to design teams, business sponsors and senior management
- Partner with other internal research functions (e.g. Marketing Research) to identify appropriate mix of research methods to determine future directions for our websites and mobile apps
- Collaborate with a Senior Manager to support the needs of Agile teams conducting iterative testing by offering advice, guidance and/or technical input
· Collaborative: Be prepared to embed yourself in a team of designers and product owners and work closely with them every day
· Adaptive: Be able to work quickly and be flexible to meet the needs of the project, your team and the business
· Positive: Be excited and enthusiastic for the research you are conducting; a great sense of humor and sense of fun can’t hurt, either!
· Knowledgeable Leader: Your team will look to you to be an expert on research methods, test set-up, and moderation. Be prepared to field questions and educate your team on best practices.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Usability, Human Factors, HCI, Psychology or additionally relevant field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years experience in UX, Usability, and/or User Research fields – This includes considerable lab experience
- 2+ years experience in UX research
- 1 year moderating in-person usability studies
- Usertesting.com or similar remote, un-moderated testing platform experience
- High degree of professionalism combined with adaptability
- Comfortable working within a corporate environment, with established practices and processes
- Ability to swiftly revise and improvise research plans, shift priorities as the environment and deadlines dictate, manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent time-management skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
Preferred familiarity or experience with:
- Planning formative studies combining both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
- Setting up controlled experiments to validate specific UX research hypotheses
- Axure and or InVision prototyping knowledge a plus