Calling all Product Design Gurus! Our renowned Fortune 100 client is looking for a talented freelance UX Product Designer 40 hours a week, NYC, 6 months, work from home on Fridays and a dedicate Apple iPhone for business. This is a creative agency environment (within a corporation) - perfect for those who love the “agency style” without the crazy hours.
This Experience Design Team is two years old and has quickly earned a valued place by building a design system from the ground up by being laser-focused on adding value for customers. The team consists of 30 people in three locations: NYC, Charlotte, NC and Houston, TX. The teams are integrated and collaborate on projects that are based around the world. Skills include Research, Creative Technology, Content Strategy, UX Strategy, User Experience and Visual Design.
What You Will Do:
- In this highly visible and creative role, you will create world-class product experiences by taking concepts and distill them into simple, usable solutions and collaboratively sketch with other designers and developers to deliver high caliber solutions
- Contribute to product strategy. Understand and contribute to the product strategy by distilling and presenting findings from your work.
- Gathering feedback and interacting on features once they are out in the wild.
- User first solutions. Carefully consider the user when designing all experiences.
- Own and be accountable for your team’s culture and solutions, providing oversight for solutions.
- Partner with teams in other locations to share best practices, contribute to the pattern library and culture of the Experience Design team at large
- Design and test product solutions while data to inform and iterate on product concepts
- Light travel (to Charlotte) where additional UX and Creative Team sits
What You Need:
- Minimum 4-5 years Visual, UX, and/or Product Design B2B experience
- A portfolio demonstrating functional, simple, and delightful user interfaces
- Helping people save for a fully funded retirement gives you a good feeling. You are passionate about product design and thrive on complex problems. You have high standards for yourself and your team and loath sloppy work. You are curious, ambitious and deliberate in your design decisions; know how to leverage qualitative data and user feedback to iterate and refine a product. You are also a natural communicator and collaborator - embrace critique and do not design in isolation.
- Expertise with Sketch and InVision, wire framing and prototyping, animating prototypes in Principle, Framer, Flinto, or similar, knowledge of HTML and CSS, Agile workplace experience
- Scrum certification or fluency in that process is a plus
- Experience with system design, specifically using and helping to further develop a Pattern library
- Hands on experience with user research and usability testing
- Strong communication skills, extremely organized, and attentive to detail
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org