Aquent is currently assisting our Fortune 500 client in their search for a Buyer I to work a 6 month assignment in SeaTac, WA. The Buyer I develops and manages the day-to-day procurement responsibilities for assigned categories. This work includes on-going communication with suppliers to satisfactorily meet all key internal customer requirements in a cost effective manner. This also includes seeking out opportunities for process improvement and waste reduction.
- Responsible for the cost effective and timely acquisition of goods and services to satisfy end user requirements.
- Procures all goods and services within assigned categories.
- Manages all day-to-day supplier interactions and transactions.
- Monitors and delivers targeted metrics performance and cost reduction.
- Monitors supplier performance and collaborates with Strategic Sourcing and internal customers to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluates the performance capabilities and production capacity of suppliers.
- Anticipates requirements or potential challenges and opportunities.
- Takes action against anticipated needs that foster achievement of operational objectives and financial goals.
- Develops positive, collaborative internal and supplier relationships.
- A minimum of 1 year of procurement or relevant aviation industry experience.
- Ability to conduct research and complete financial analyses (e.g., cost/benefit) with minimal support.
- Familiarity with reading technical documentation and drawings.
- Ability to develop and manage pricing agreements for standard requirements.
- Proficient verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, with the ability to work both independently and within a team structure.
- Demonstrated change management skills and the ability to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to think systemically and to make sound, timely decisions.
- Proficient at building influence and consensus amongst various departments.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint and Access.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft and/or TRAX
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree is preferred.
- Professional certification (e.g., CPM, PMP, or CPIM) is preferred.