- Santa Clara
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennie Brandon
In collaboration with various cross-functional teams in client Retail, this person will be part of a design team that takes ideas from concept to execution and shapes long form, editorial content from a design perspective. He/She will need to become familiar with the inner workings of client Retail in order to build empathy with the audience. Responsibilities include brainstorming concepts, sketching wireframes, drafting prototypes, presenting in creative reviews, refining design directions and finalizing details. He/She will team up with writers, producers, and planners throughout the work. He/She will also work with a production designer to implement final design solutions, and sometimes may have to perform production tasks him/herself. Projects can range in scale and can involve digital and print.
Other tasks include selecting photographic assets, creating illustrations, pictograms/icons and information graphics, selecting photography, and retouching photos. This person must have experience working in an iterative process and professionally receiving art direction and feedback.
Aquent's client is a leader in consumer electronics and one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! Singlehandedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
• Has 5+ years agency or in-house designer experience.
• Has a deep understanding of typography for web and mobile.
• Demonstrates a user-empathy approach to design.
• Can communicate clearly, with experience presenting own work to multiple teams.
• Able to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure without losing focus on the details.
• Is a self-starter and is able to handle multiple projects and deadlines.
• Synthesizes complex information into simple design solutions.
• Is proficient on the latest macOS and iOS platforms.
• Has expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• Having a working knowledge of the current iWork suite (Pages, Keynote, Numbers) is a plus.
• Having a working knowledge of Sketch is also a plus.
• Able to adjust work schedule as needed to accommodate connection with global teams.
Bachelor’s degree required in a design related discipline, such as graphic design, visual communication, information design, or interaction design.
Portfolio and references are required.
***Background check is required for this position.***
***Please ensure full legal name is noted on resume along with a portfolio link if applicable.***