The Digital Content Specialist /Strategist focuses on the needs of the user to drive clarity, usability, and accessibility – from content management system to design and user interface. This role will work closely with business partners and producers to drive an innovative and personalized customer-first experience, while serving strategic digital, marketing and business needs.
• Work closely with producers on the platform publishing team
• Consult at the beginning of projects with product owners to solve business needs and follow digital best practices and maintain accessibility
• Work closely with design, content, and analytics staff to deliver optimal website design, functionality and search engine optimization (SEO).
• Work collaboratively with digital, cross-functional teams and partners to create and maintain organizational website assets.
• Research and conduct analysis, website audits, competitive assessments, browser compliance, mobile responsiveness, and user testing.
• Display high competency in project management, working in a fast-paced and complex environment, execution of large projects, and working under multiple and competing deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 4-8 years experience in digital web experience
• Working knowledge of content management systems (Drupal, etc.)
• Understanding of different browser technologies and a general understanding of web infrastructure
• Familiarity with mobile/responsive design and use of videos on the web
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Key factors for success in this role include: • A clear understanding of accessibility requirements on the web • A deep understanding SEO, UX and digital best practices • Attention to detail and strong client service skills are a must • Must be able to work effectively in a team environment • Ability to translate business requirements into the appropriate online user experience • Strong decision making skills, ability to prioritize work and negotiate compromises with business and technology partners as needed • Understanding of CMS (Drupal or others) • Digital focused role • Creative problem solver • Self-starter