We are hiring an Associate Community Manager who has demonstrated experience managing social communities for major consumer brands and is passionate about social media. We are looking for someone with depth of platform knowledge (both functional as well as strategic) and proven ability to drive meaningful engagement with communities that fuels both growth and positive sentiment. We are looking for someone with clear opinions on the role of social media within our culture, as well as the role Brands can and should play in order to drive deeper, more meaningful experiences for their consumer base.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Proactively manage the social media channel communities and with awareness to the editorial calendars
• Monitor conversations across social media and address important mentions and comments in real-time through engagement, escalation, or documentation
• Provide recommendations that influence social media creative (paid or organic), acting as the social media community expert and evaluating post effectiveness
• Discover trending topics, community needs, and interests of target audience across social media. Engage, spark discussions, and surprise and delight customers across social channels
• Conduct Social Media listening to provide the team with insights and recommendations
• Generate insight into community performance and provide recommendations for improvement
• Generate and meet important community KPIs and goals
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Familiarity with social media and online engagement tools (e.g. Crimson Hexagon, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, etc)
• A driving passion for social media, building community, interacting with consumer audiences.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, time and self-management skills.
• Ability to execute brand voice guidelines in social content.
• Understanding of the basic mechanisms of paid media in social channels.
• Motivated, energetic self-starter with strong problem solving skills.
• In-depth familiarity with major and emerging social media platforms.
Summary of Experience
• 3-5 years of professional level social media experience
• Experience managing or contributing to a brand or organization’s social media presence
• Strong knowledge of platform capabilities
• Passion for digital marketing
• Energized by working in a fast paced organization
• Experience with a brand sold through traditional grocery and mass channels a plus
What does a typical work day entail? What are the daily tasks/responsibilities/deliverables?
Proactively manage branded social media channels and editorial calendars across brands – following process and delivering on schedule
Monitor conversations across social media and address important mentions and comments in real-time through engagement, escalation, or documentation
Help drive content development – strategy through execution – providing a social perspective on the work
Provide creative format recommendations by channel (paid or unpaid) that best deliver against campaign objectives
Curate content from internal and external sources and share across appropriate social channels
Posting to social channels: maintain a consistent voice across channels aligned with branding and target audience
Engage, spark discussions, surprise and delight customers across social channels
Discover trending topics, community needs, and interests of target audience across social media, adjusting content and messaging accordingly
Generate insight into community performance and provide recommendations for improvement