- Position can be done remotely - client is in Hartford, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
Our well known Fortune 500 client is looking for an seasoned Thought Leadership Writer to contribute to the writing of their thought leadership pieces. These projects touch on current healthcare, business, and social issues and can be connected to current client offerings. As the Writer, you will need to be comfortable interviewing subject matter experts to gather information and churn that into polished though leadership pieces in a variety of formats. Writers who bring a background in journalism and the ability to write editorial content, as well as knowledge of how to effectively leverage thought leadership within an organization will be a good fit. These pieces are used for the client as part of their marketing tools to attract new clients while also putting out their view on these matters as a company.The Writer must have prior thought leadership writing examples to share in order to be considered for this work which will be remote and project based. The writer will work closely with editorial and marketing colleagues to find ways to adapt the research content to different formats and audiences.
- Edit and project manage research drafts
- Maintain high standards of thought leadership content
- Ensure projects run smoothly, conducting necessary team outreach and follow up
- Collaborate with Creative Director to ensure proper resourcing and planning of projects
- Assist with other editorial work as needed
- Analyze survey data to uncover insights relevant to global business transformation
- Write thought leadership papers based on survey insights
- Work with partners to fine tune point of view on the resulting topics
- Adapt thought leadership messaging for a variety of marketing channels (e.g., website summaries, social media posts, print advertisements, emails, presentations)
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in healthcare, insurance, journalism, or a related industry
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Ability to visualize and depict quantitative information
- Journalistic instincts with a nose for the story
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is critical
- Proven analytical, critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Deadline oriented
- Intermediate to expert user of MS Office desirable, particularly Excel charting functions
- Writing samples required upon request