We follow a simple but vital premise in the UX group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create.
For this role, we are looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher who can work on new and existing initiatives for our operating system. This role will play a key role in influencing product definition and using end-to-end research strategically.
As a member of the UX team, the Senior User Experience Researcher is a critical driving force behind gathering insights and using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters, and engineers who collaborate closely to create innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Work independently to prepare for user testing and research. Then, execute testing and research plan to better understand user behavior for multiple products.
2. Collect and analyze user behavior through mixed methods, including lab studies, field visits, interviews, ethnography, surveys, concept evaluations, leveraging existing feedback and mechanisms to propel and inform product decisions.
3. Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other User Experience Researchers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment then advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations
* Analyzing and interpreting qualitative data and generating insights.
* Managing, manipulating and analyzing large quantitative datasets.
* Creating findings and recommendation reports from user studies.
* Master’s in Human Factors, Industrial Engineering, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, or similar field emphasizing human performance and behavior.
* Detailed oriented and ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
* Demonstrated experience with qualitative and quantitative user research & analysis methods.
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Can work independently and prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects
Nice to have’s:
* 1-3 years of experience and comfort with statistical methods and experimental design.
* Technical aptitude, strong working ability with large datasets and statistical software packages
* Understanding of embedded computation and networking platforms such as Arduino, Android, Raspberry Pi, ZigBee, RTOS, etc…