We are hiring a Space planner/designer for our global fortune 500 company in Seattle WA with strong REVIT skills. Successful talent will have CAD drafting skills using REVIT, including production of construction documents and 5 years experience. Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop and Illustrator Experience working in retail, hospitality, or restaurant design or development organization with 5 years experience. Architects are okay, but have really only been successful if you have interior design experience.
What does a typical work day entail? What are the daily tasks/responsibilities/deliverables?
8 hours of REVIT concept, and design development. Space planning, palette selection, and rendering expected.
What are the must/nice to have skills you are looking for?
Space planning, palette selection, and rendering expected.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Contributes to Store Development Business Goals with Construction and Real Estate by achieving target deliverables on number of stores and meeting all established deadlines.
- Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements based on direction from the design manager.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Manages the production of construction documents by designers and consultants.
- Mentors designers and asst designers and ensures intended scope of work, needs and code requirements are met on drawings.
- Checks drawings for design intent.
- Conducts site visits as needed under periodic guidance of the design manager.
- Participates in the architectural design process by assessing the scope of the project through review of surveys and deal documents.
- Develops schematic drawings and selects palettes under periodic guidance of the design manager.
- Participates in the execution of design strategy by reinforcing communicating design direction and changes to consultants.
- Identifies exceptions, proposes design solutions and resolves issues with manager.
- Participates with cross functional teams on individual store designs by participating in periodic schematic reviews with Operations and Design reviews under the guidance of the design manager.
Summary of Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability in 3D visualization and working knowledge of color and design principles.
- Visual, written and verbal communication of design issues.
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines.
- Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations.
Nice to haves:
- Restaurant / retail design experience desired.
- Experience working on multiple projects with competing priorities
- This role must be able to switch gears to support the team and work independently