AQUENT is seeking a Sr. Art Director for an exciting opportunity in Richmond, VA!!!
Why would you want to work for our client?
They are Fortune 200 organization that has been on the Top 100 Best Companies to Work for list 10 times!
And what you can expect working with them?
- An open, collaborative, diverse environment where ideas are welcome.
- The work you do will reach millions of customers and end users.
- A Work Life Balance – it’s a core company value.
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize up to 85% of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.
A DAY IN THE LIFE ON THE JOB:
- Work directly and collaboratively with members of the creative team and business partners to develop and produce effective communications.
- Ability to be self-organized and manage multiple and concurrent jobs.
- Facilitate presentations / have strong presentation skills; able to communicate tactically and strategically.
- Work with outside vendors, agency partners and internal process management teams.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of advertising and marketing trends and translates business intent into creative strategies and deliverables that market products effectively.
- Demonstrate understanding of intended audience; interpret market research and test results, use findings to focus targeted marketing messages.
- Facilitate brainstorm sessions; recognizes ideas that should go forward.
- Monitor projects to ensure creative intent is not diluted.
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Web, mobile and social experience a plus.
- Experience: 4-year degree (preferred) in design or similar discipline.
- 6+ years design and art direction experience.
- Portfolio: Mid to High-budget print projects and campaigns involving supervising other designers.
- Demonstrates industry, conceptual and technical diversity.
- Likely to see unusual or unconventional formats.
- Brochures, videos, storyboards, ad comps, showing evidence of “thinking outside the box” while achieving goals.
- Industry Knowledge: Direct Mail and/or web design experience required within any industry, (Financial Services, preferred).
- Brings processes, technology or people solutions to the table with regard the design or print process.
- Proven ability to coach and challenge design team to improve the effectiveness of creative.
- Technical Knowledge: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop are required.
- Acrobat helpful. Web program experience also helpful: Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver.