Aquent is currently assisting our Fortune 500 client in their search for a Graphic Designer. The role is currently set for 6 months and will sit on site at their headquarters in Minnetonka, MN. The Graphic Designer plays an instrumental role in the development of graphic design for all marketing initiatives in the Americas while upholding corporate brand standards: print, digital executions, web, email blasts, sales collateral, event signage and the like. This position primarily focuses around print and digital graphic design but also incorporates layout and the preparation of final artwork. The Graphic Designer works under the Director of Creative Services to continue to develop high quality creative assets within all key markets. Provides high-quality and professional design, with a flexible team-focused attitude.
• Creates layouts and develops graphics for a variety of print, digital, and other projects as needed. Experience with digital design is a plus.
• Is able to create press ready files on approval of print files
• Brings innovation, creativity and freshness to our Creative Services execution and stays on top of trends in the marketing profession.
• Contributes to concept development and brainstorming creative ideas for a wide range of projects.
• Works under limited supervision, taking ownership of assignments and any issues within own area of knowledge.
• Create and modify documents using the latest Adobe Creative Cloud based software and Microsoft Office.
• Brand champion – build brand awareness and value for our client's family of brands
• Works cooperatively in a team environment; participates in project planning sessions with team members and key stakeholders.
• Meets intense and changing deadlines, manages multiple projects, balances shifting priorities and focuses on solutions to improve quality and efficiency as project progresses.
• As a member of the Creative Services team – department improvements are required;
• Assist with continuous improvement in the way the projects are handled and delivered internally
• Contribute to the overall improvement of the team systems and processes
• 3+ years of creative agency or internal design experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Design, or similar creative field
• Be organized, with strong attention to detail and time management skills
• Flourish when working within a team of different people
• Possesses strong communications skills which facilitate the ability to successfully partner with both internal and external clients during the design and creative process.
• Flexible with a desire to work in fast-paced, high volume, constantly changing marketing environment.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Experience with online marketing and strong understanding of website usability.
• Experience with template based website front-end editing.
• Strong written and verbal skills.
• Excellent attention to detail, including the ability to handle copy changes with accuracy, control versions carefully, and ensure files are archived accurately and promptly.
• Proven understanding of print layout, including master pages, layers, tables, export settings, press requirements, style sheets, fonts, color profiles/palettes, pagination, graphic manipulation, etc.