Our client is seeking a Principal UX Designer that is Strategic, Hands On, and Can Drive the vision for their Web site.
What You Will Be Working On
Designs current and future channel user experience that meets long term and near term business goals and user needs (e.g. KPI’s and user success metrics).
• Effectively collaborates with executives, managers, product managers, engineers, and researchers to define, conceptualize, and design user-facing products.
• Partners with the UX leadership team to define the channel experience and to ensure deliverables are consistent with the user experience design vision.
• Ensures a consistent user experience across devices.
• Works through channel design problems from beginning to end: conceptualizes new products and features, designs storyboards, workflows, interactions, wireframes, high fidelity mockups, and design standards based on business goals and user research.
• Champions user experience design throughout the company and contributes to making it an essential process for improvement and innovation.
• Serves as a subject matter expert and thought leader on user experience design across the company (including assigned channel, the CX organization, and other organizations), as well as the broader design community (e.g. presenting at conferences, writing articles, teaching, etc.).
• Mentors user experience designers across the company.
• Minimum 10 years UX/UI design experience across consumer websites and/or digital applications.
• BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design. Masters degree preferred.
• Exceptional thought leadership and UX design vision skills, including expert analytical, strategic, and conceptual design skills.
• Deep knowledge designing for responsive web experiences; well versed in user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
• Strong ability to identify and further business goals, and identify unmet user needs. Capable of designing user experiences that support and advance business goals and meet user needs.
• Exceptional ability to design high-fidelity mock-ups and prototypes, and iterate on user interface design and interaction flow of applications and experiences based on user feedback.
• Strong ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
• Strong verbal and written communicator with all levels of business leaders; ability to influence and cultivate strong relationships with key business stakeholders and executives in the organization.
• Excellent negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate among peers and to executive leadership.
• Strong ability to inspire, develop, and coach team members.
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development.
• Must have a strong user experience design portfolio that clearly demonstrates consumer oriented user experience design solutions for complex problems.