One of our top CPG clients is currently seeking a temporary entry level Product Development Engineer for their NYC Office. We are looking for a candidate with a balance of Project Management and Technical skills.
- Assist the Product Development team in reviewing product samples, collecting team feedback, and communicating any changes to the Asia team/factory
- Receive communication from Asia Team/factory collaborate with local team to provide responses by email using photographs or sketches to provide visual clarity
- Support the Development team to estimate product costs, create functional specs and update systems or reports when needed.
- Potential to take ownership of a few projects as time allows
- Drive resolution of open issues that may impact milestone realization or lifecycle advancement.
- Drive cost reduction efforts as required.
- Analytical abilities and are capable of synthesizing and prioritizing a large volume of information. You can think critically to make clear, well-reasoned and rational decisions.
- Communication skills to communicate clearly, concisely, and with impact using the right communication formats and methods. You convey confidence, ease and enthusiasm when communicating with a variety of audiences, job levels and stakeholders.
- Accountability and take personal ownership for delivering and exceeding commitments. You hold yourself, team and partners to the highest standard for performance necessary for the achievement of results.
- Proactive self-starter with a strong problem solving ability and creative mindset.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to set priorities and efficiently use time to complete assigned tasks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work within cross-functional global team.
- Background in Engineering or Project Management
- Working towards or completion of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Plastics Engineering or related field
- 1-3+ years related course work/internships/work experience
Skills and Experience:
- COST REDUCTION
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
- ENTRY LEVEL
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- PLASTICS ENGINEERING
- PROBLEM SOLVING
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- SELF MOTIVATED
- TIME MANAGEMENT