- San Jose, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Lindsay DesRochers
As a UX Researcher, you'll be at a leader in the commerce space, with hundreds of millions of buyers and sellers, hundreds of millions of live listings at any point of time, millions of daily transactions and billions of daily search queries. Featuring everyday essentials, luxury items, quirky goods in the form of new products, vintage goods, collectibles and rare finds, our client is the first stop for shoppers and sellers. Client is headquartered in San Jose, California.
Fortune 500 company is seeking a Senior User Experience Researcher to join their Design Research & Strategy team. This team is committed to helping their larger teams remain connected to customers. Part of this commitment is a program that helps focus on building skills for non-researchers in qualitative online unmoderated studies while supporting ongoing Agile transformation. This DR+S contractor will help assist on the program that enables non-researchers to conduct their own qualitative research.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Ensure rigor and methodical approaches via mentoring and guidance
- Reviewing study plans from program users (designers and content strategists) and offer mentoring to help focus the study for maximum insights
- Lead trainings on various qualitative research topics
- Arrange all logistics for group trainings and supporting events
- Develop and maintain help documents to assist program users
- Help program users with analysis and synthesis of data plus guidance on final deliverables for sharing insights
- Manage all aspects of office hours: increase frequency to 5x week; host office hours; organize sign-up schedule; answer any questions about office hours; schedule other researchers into office hours to ensure variety of input
- Responsible for on-demand launching of studies that have already been reviewed in office hours
- Collect feedback to improve the program at the direction of the program core team
- Manage the program Slack channel and answer questions via that channel
- Consolidate and communicate feedback on the UT.com platform
- Should have five years’ experience with research so that skilled guidance can be offered to designers
A little about our Fortune 500 client... We are always looking for high-energy, self-motivated, committed individuals who are passionate about their work. Our team members enjoy a challenging environment that places the highest value on innovation, accountability and playing to win. Our group combines the entrepreneurial energy of a start-up with the resources and trusted leadership of a major corporation. Our culture is based on open and honest communication, respect for other points of view and a spirit of fun that keeps egos in check. We offer empowering roles worldwide with a focus on creativity, competitive pay and benefits, professional growth, and performance-focused rewards.
- 5+ years of experience; market research experience
- Training in capabilities and limitations of research methods. Practical experience with qualitative research methods that span the product development life cycle from conceptualization to launch
- Ability to develop creative approaches to researching complex user experience problems and convey ideas in a tangible form
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Experience working in the desktop and mobile (native + web) spaces
- Experience with teaching research skills preferred
Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Information Architecture or related field.
Formal training (course work) in a variety of user experience research methods (such as lab and field research and survey design).