- Santa Clara Valley, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennie Brandon
In this assignment, you will be responsible for producing localized content for Aquent's client with limited supervision. Role requires native level expertise in at least one language in addition to English. Localization experience is preferred; project management ability is essential. The localization producer is expected to work closely with vendors to outline expectations. The localization producer will work with the editorial staff, the business team, other producers, and vendors to ensure that project localization is on track, relevant to the audience, and represents our clients voice in the market place. The localization producer will manage the input of localized data into multiple internal and vendor systems without error. The successful candidate must be highly detail-oriented, and be able to judge and manage linguistic issues for 37 languages and all territories client covers.
Localization QA is required and software QA experience is preferred.
- Must possess a solid understanding of online production processes and a passion for meeting the needs of our clients international customers.
- Apps – related media experience in international marketplace highly desirable; music, TV, Movies – media related experience a plus.
- Teamwork – The candidate will coordinate projects with vendors, localization team staff, the legal team and other departments across our clients localizing client Store-related content.
- Must possess the desire to work in a demanding and fast-paced environment; this role requires flexibility, the ability to wisely prioritize tasks, and rapidly apply keen judgment to complex situations.
The ideal candidate will be committed to giving our non-US customers a user experience equivalent to or superior to that of our US customers by producing localized content for the client Store.
To be qualified for this position, you must have the following:
1. BA degree or equivalent
2. Linguistic skill in language other than English; excellent English communication skills
4. Production experience; localization production preferred
5. Experience in methods of automating workflow a plus
6. Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
7. Localization QA experience
Aquent's client is a leader in consumer electronics and one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! Singlehandedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
***Background check is required for this position.***
***Please ensure full legal name is noted on resume along with a portfolio link if applicable.***