- Culver City, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennie Brandon
For this assignment, Aquen'ts client is looking for a temporary Design Program Manager for 5 to 6 months, based in their Culver City, California office. You will be responsible for tracking and managing program timelines, deliverables, and communication with various cross-functional teams. The Design Program Manager will need to be able to be an effective and open communicator that has an understanding of the programs to drive to solutions. You must believe in the structure that process brings, a creative problem solver, flexible, multi-tasker, strong understanding of being a producer and program manager, ability to prioritize elements in a program, escalate issues when necessary and provide timely resolutions. In this role, you will be leading meetings, managing deliverables and assets, ensuring that programs are moving forward, identify risks, critical thinking and be solutions-oriented.
• Experience with working with Designers in Industrial Design and/or Brand Design, vendors as well as XF teams across multiple disciplines and in a Product development environment.
• Responsible for building project schedules based on the known dates of the program and risk factors, obtain necessary approvals and meeting syncs with teams.
• Drive programs from a design point of view in order to meet milestones within the overall program schedule.
• Ability to manage high volume of programs and deliverables simultaneously which will require this person to be highly organized and efficient with their time.
• Comfortable with change and navigate through them with a positive attitude and diplomacy.
• Direct management of samples for both hardware and packaging.
• Self-motivated to always put the best work forward.
• Understanding of design issues and the ability to plan ahead to reduce risks. Assess proper next steps when receiving conflicting feedback or unclear direction from stakeholders.
• Open communicator that encourages peers to communicate within a collaborative environment.
• Handles confidential projects and materials with discretion.
• Flexibility to provide support outside of regular office hours especially during launch.
• Knowledge of Design and Project Management tools.
Aquent's client is a leader in consumer electronics and one of the greatest, most innovative, world-changing companies ever created! Singlehandedly credited with creating some of the most impactful products of this generation.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
***Background check is required for this position.***
***Please ensure full legal name is noted on resume along with a portfolio link if applicable.***