Our large financial services company location in Hartford, CT is seeking a UX Copywriter for a 8+ month contract assignment. This role is full-time and onsite.
Our client is seeking an experienced writer with a strong customer experience / user experience writing background. This individual will help support enhancements to the online customer experience and offline customer communications. This individual should have experience “writing in human” – not in technical jargon – and take a conversational approach to simplify complex concepts.
You must be able to synthesize complex information and boil it down to its essence. You also need to be aware of user journeys and provide valuable information at key journey stages. A basic understanding of insurance is a plus and experience writing copy for web is critical, with a mobile-first mentality.
It’s all about the customer. You’re used to writing with a CX /UX lens. You’re not only in the shoes of the customer, you’re inside their head and anticipating their questions while providing clear, concise, and timely answers. You think about tone and emotion. And you make the complex so simple for customers as you guide them through a great experience. Your important contribution to this project is to be able to write in human, hold a conversation, and influence emotion with words.
You work extremely well with others. You not only spark ideas in yourself, you also have a knack for instigating ideas in others you may partner with. And you’re used to interfacing with a variety of stakeholders within a cross-functional, matrixed organization.
Your love of words is only superseded by your love of smart ideas that work hard without having audiences work hard to understand. And you’re good with deadlines that range from plenty-of-time to we-needed-it yesterday. You are a fast worker and learner in any environment. Your writing packs a punch – short, compact and effective. More Hemingway than Faulkner.
Ready, willing and able to:
• Work with the digital redesign teams, Enterprise UX and CX teams, and marketing teams to develop on-strategy, on-brand concepts and copy
• Ask smart questions that could help uncover brilliant ideas
• Provide improvement suggestions from a CX/UX lens
• Work through strategic challenges that could benefit from your experience and insights
• Stay connected to your work to ensure a flawless finish
• Ensure that your work is on brand, on strategy and on time
• Follow our brand guidelines and leverage them to build our brand
• Pay attention to form and function, strategy and execution on the page
Team skills are a must and include:
• Demonstrating reliability, communicating constructively and being an active listener
• Treating others in a respectful, supportive and professional manner
• Being an active participant who willingly and openly, cooperates and pitches in to help
• Exhibiting flexibility, participating as a problem-solver
• Demonstrating commitment to the team
• Actively work with our team and business partners
• Willingness to ask others for their expertise and help
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
• Please include a link to your portfolio/website on your resume
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Highly developed critical thinking skills
• Minimum of 5 years of experience at an external agency or in-house agency required
• Prior experience writing for sales and acquisition
• Experience in customer experience / user experience writing
• Experience in insurance writing is a plus
• Understands the nuances when writing different media and audience types
• Actively learns new techniques to be more proficient in your persuasion skills
• Writes and presents concepts and work, well
• Respectively clarifies direction from team to help understand strategies or fill information gaps
• Reviews the creative briefs to ensure you fully understand the objectives
• Applies supplied research and data to design executions
• Is pragmatic with creative executions always keeping an eye on the objectives of the assignment
• Maintains accuracy and always delivers on time
• Able to challenge conventional copy approaches with new tactics and innovative executions