- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Suzy Thompson
6-month temp assignment for an Interaction Designer at a Fortune 500 tech company in Mountain View, CA.
Do people describe you as…?
• Passionate • Articulate • Entrepreneurial • Persuasive • Problem-solver • Innovative • Self-directed • Collaborative
You must love
- Emotionally connecting with customers
- Customer-centered design processes
- Solving seriously real problems
- Ambitious and ambiguous directions
- Inspiring others to aim for bigger, bolder, and smarter
- Agile and experiment-driven development
- Negotiating, communicating, and presenting
What you’ll do
- Design for multiple platforms within the realm of technical possibilities.
- Articulate complex visions through simple, elegant designs.
- Deliver compelling UX visions, UI specifications, wireframes, and prototypes.
- Want to make your design community a place for sharing knowledge.
- Know web and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of a design.
- A degree in Human Computer Interaction, graphic design, or a relevant field.
- At least 5 years experience delivering big, important websites or v1 products.
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods, innovation, and ideation tools.
- Expertise with HTML, CSS, AJAX, DoJo, Flash, and Flex. Bonus for SaaS and mobile.
- A dazzling online portfolio.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)