- Weehawken, NJ
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Alicia Capobianco
Our large financial services client is seeking a Financial Writer/Editor for a 5 month contract assignment. This position is part-time about 30 hours a week and will work mostly in the Weehawken, NJ location with occasional visits to the NYC office.
• Start the day by checking relevant news channels and media. What are the key stories that our clients are going to hear about in the news today, and what is the our view?
• Be on top of what research we are producing. Discuss possible articles with the editorial team.
Participate in a daily editorial meeting with representatives from across the bank, where article topics are decided. Each day's set of articles will be a mix of content repurposed from the research department and original content produced by the Impact team. Original content is based on interviews with in-house experts.
• Prepare and write content.
• Help copy edit other writers
• Either put through the content yourself into a the publication platform or work with the team who helps us with publishing to make sure articles get published onto the Impact site.
Must Have Skills:
1. Understanding of financial markets and how different asset classes work: equities, fixed income, FX.
2. 5+ years as a financial reporter, writer or editor
3. Proven ability to work on daily deadlines
4. An understanding of digital publishing and comfort with working with publishing platforms.
5. An interest in current events
6. Strong interviewing skills
Nice to Have:
1. Experience as an editor
2. Experience as a publisher
3. Interest in other media forms like podcasts, infographics, videos
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
Background checks required