Produces a major portion of a complex technical documentation (i.e. API reference, reference guides, code examples) that complies with documentation plan requirements. Develops and tests complex user scenarios that show how to use the product being documented. Works effectively with program management, product marketing, and other internal customers as needed. May instruct others in writing styles (e.g. reference guides, user guides, solutions books, online). Writes and helps implement documentation plan for major component of a project. May assist with scheduling and coordinating the work of a team.
- 6+ years’ related experience, preferably writing developer or engineering-focused documentation.
- Excellent writing, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of technical concepts and/or the ability to learn the technology quickly.
- Ability to develop documentation from source code.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Technical Communications, or related field. Work related experience/training may substitute for degree.