Our renowned Fortune 100 client is looking for (2) talented freelance Product Designers – one who is Visual Design focused and the other UX Design focused. After 6 months, this role has the strength to convert to staff.
This is a creative agency environment (within a corporation) - perfect for those who love the “agency style” without the crazy hours. Our client is a pioneer in the retirement programs industry, receives 45 Best-in-Class awards for PLANSPONSOR magazine and is proud to embrace diversity as a pillar of their business principles. Other inviting things include a flex hours with a creative work schedule, business casual dress, open concept seating - and a dedicate Apple iPhone for business.
This awesome Digital Experience Design Team has quickly earned a valued place in the organization by building the design system from the ground up. This team consists of 30 people in three locations – NYC, Charlotte, NC and Houston, TX. This nation-wide design team collaborate on projects that include research, creative technology, content strategy, UX strategy, user experience and visual design.
What You Will Do:
- In this exciting role, you will create world-class product experiences by creating concepts and distill them into simple, usable solutions.
- You will also sketch with other designers and developers to deliver high caliber solutions
- Contribute to product strategy by understanding and contributing to product strategy by distilling and presenting findings from your work.
- Gather feedback and interacting on features once they are out in the wild.
- Own your team’s culture and solutions, providing oversight and quality for solutions.
- Partner with teams in other locations to share best practices, contribute to the pattern library and culture of the Experience Design team at large
- Design and test product solutions while using data to inform and iterate on product concepts
Who You Are
- You are passionate about product design and thrive on complex problems. You have high standards for yourself and your team. You are curious, ambitious and deliberate in your design decisions. You know how to leverage qualitative data and user feedback to iterate and refine a product. You are a strong advocate and have deep empathy for your end users. You understand the entire process of building a product that solves real problems for real people.
- You embrace critique. You don’t design in isolation.
- You know how to align with stakeholders throughout the process. You oppose an “Us vs Them” model of product design and development.
What You Need:
- Minimum 3-5 years Visual, UX, and/or Product Design experience
- A portfolio demonstrating functional, simple, and delightful user interfaces
- Expertise with Sketch and InVision, wire framing and prototyping, experience with system design, specifically using and helping to further develop a Pattern library, hands on experience with user research and usability testing
- Experience animating prototypes in Principle, Framer, Flinto or similar, knowledge of HTML and CSS, Agile workplace experience, Scrum certification or fluency in that process
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com