- BELLEVUE, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Samantha McHale
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 10 MONTHS
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL GEOGRAPHER! **
- Responsible for creating and maintaining geographic data required for a subset of lines of business, such as hotels, for points of sale.
- This work includes obtaining latitude and longitude data, database entry and understanding geographic hierarchy reporting infrastructures, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have worldwide geographic knowledge.
- The individual will have familiarity with mapping products such as MapPoint, Google Earth, and other web-based mapping tools.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple projects while addressing and following up issues in a timely fashion are required.
- The qualified geographer must have the ability to explain geographic complexities to uninformed users which may involve language and cultural differences.
- 2+ years demonstrated administrative support
- Highly accurate data entry skills
- Proficiency with MS Excel, MS Word and online tools
- Extremely detail oriented
- Experience with online mapping products, such as MapPoint, Bing Maps, Google Earth
- Knowledge of at least one foreign language is beneficial.
- Travel Industry experience and database knowledge are a plus
- Degree in Geography or related field preferred
WE WELCOME REFERRALS! CHECK OUT OUR REFERRAL POLICY HERE: $$$$ http://aquent.com/rewards/
WORKING WITH AQUENT
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward Bart passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)