- Eden Prairie, MN
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Christena Peterson
Do you have a passion for creating new functionality that never existed before? Do you like to add your personal touch to the software development life cycle? Aquent is currently sourcing for a Senior Software Engineer, courtesy of one of our innovative and well-respected, Fortune 500 clients, local to the Eden Prairie, MN market area. The ideal candidate for this role will have a minimum of 5 years of experience leading a team of developers who are responsible for building new and support existing websites. You will need to have a background in creative engineering balanced with a high quality of customer focus. You must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at once.
- Understand challenges of large-scale cloud deployment and upgrade, as well as, resource allocation
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs such as; conferring with users, studying system flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development life cycle
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Research, design, test, implement and educate delivery area teams on the latest open source software, technologies and methodologies
- Design and innovate technologies for effective resource allocation, fast application deployment and zero downtime upgrade
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code
- Deliver rapidly iterative new design or new architecture POC and platform production releases
THIS IS A W2 OPPORTUNITY, NO CORP TO CORP
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Skills that set you apart of the rest:
- Deep knowledge and history of delivery of Large Scale Web and/or Mobile Applications
- Deep knowledge of various cloud infrastructure hardware and software such as Openstack, AWS, GCP and Azure, as well as the underlying architecture for hyper-converged technologies.
- Extensive participation in Extreme Programming Product Teams
- Experience in Extreme Programming practices
- Experience managing software deliverables using tools like Jira / Pivotal Tracker
- Experience in big data real time analysis is a plus.
- Experience in OS virtualization and containerization technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Master Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer/Software Developer
- 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following cloud platforms: Cloud Foundry, Openshift, AWS Web Services, MS Azure, Google App Engine, Heroku, or other PaaS technologies
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline GIT, Stash, Bit Bucket, Artifactory, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience with Mobile Application Development (iOS/Android)
- Experience with Web Application Development (Angular/React)
- Fluent with functional, imperative and object-oriented development languages (Go, NodeJS, React, Spring-Java)