Aquent has an immediate temporary opportunity for a Front End Devleper/Designer with a global company in Dallas. This is a 6-9 month temporary position. It is on-site at 40 hours a week. No relocation.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Information Technology.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in front-end web development. Background in design with a strong sense of design and typography.
Expectations for this position including the following:
- Create graphical assets for the web using Photoshop templates, following established design guidelines and brand standards as well as observing industry-standard best practices.
- Translate content documents into HTML web pages and HTML emails using a broad knowledge of current web development technologies and design tools.
- Test, debug and troubleshoot all content as it moves through the creative process and development environments.
- Well-organized with an attention to detail and personal standards that allow for a pride in one's work.
- Proactive and self-motivated*; able to learn quickly with an interest in developing new skills and keep projects on track and schedules within deadlines.
- Able to adapt to and work in a corporate environment.
- Capable of excellent written and oral communication.
- Willing to take instruction and direction from senior staff as well as take ownership of projects when needed.
- HTML/5 and CSS/3 - Intermediate: Solid understanding and implementation of cross-browser standards-compliant code based on W3C guidelines with the ability to debug and troubleshoot; ability to understand responsive CSS.
- Adobe Photoshop - Intermediate: Ability to design web assets within established guidelines and brand standards; working with templates to generate assets for web development; exporting and optimizing images.
- Adobe Illustrator - Beginner: Ability to work with vector assets and make revisions as necessary.