At Aquent's client, the User Experience Research team is a critical driving force behind design. Researchers are skilled in a wide range of quantitative and qualitative methodologies, such as design and analysis of live experiments, remote usability benchmarking, field studies, and other traditional user experience research methods. In this assignment, you'll be responsible for all phases of the research process, from project conception, to implementation, to development of recommendations and fevangelism. You will work closely with design, product, and engineering teams, and your findings will lead directly to making client users happier, the key to their success.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of users experience.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- BA/BS degree degree in computer science, human computer interaction, cognitive science, experimental psychology, information science or related field.
- At least 5 years of work experience in an applied research setting. (UX)
- Experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experimental design.
Nice to have/Not Required:
- MA/MS degree in computer science, human computer interaction, cognitive science, experimental psychology, information science or related field. If MA/MS must have 2+ years of work experience in an applied research setting.
- Internet, search, and advertising experiences are a plus.