This Master Trainer will be the subject matter expert for our Device Sales team on the commercial side of this giant tech org, including partner and customer events. This role requires close cooperation with the Device Marketing Lead and the Evangelism Lead in order to align partner prioritization of sales readiness and leads activities, localize and enhance training content and materials and drive the execution of 1:many events with distributors, MNAs, resellers and device partners. As a ‘trusted advisor’, you will be responsible for sales readiness and enablement that drives preference and conversion of our devices and cloud based solutions with and through the above-mentioned partners.
The Impact You’ll Be Making…
Partner Obsession: Develop a deep understanding of our Distribution, Managed Reseller and MNA partners’ strategies and business objectives. Act as a liaison for Distribution and Reseller seller community interests, goals and objectives in their training and engagement with our company. Interact and forge strong relationships with all key partner stakeholders, across all levels and job functions in order to help them grow their Windows 10 Pro device business, gain insight and report back on partner obstacles and help partners close deals as applicable.
Program Management: Develop and deliver a comprehensive coaching solution. Work in partnership with the Device Marketing and Evangelism Lead as a ‘trusted advisor’ to design and deliver a broad portfolio of training experiences, including all related materials, across the ecosystem. Balance focus across both internal partner training and external customer evangelization, ensuring the highest quality standards are met while adhering to business processes and overall partner objectives and aspirations. Be accountable for the measurement of ROI, program effectiveness and business impact for any given training program by capturing feedback, key performance metrics and then apply any learnings to enhance that program.
Partner Coach: Offer on-the-job coaching and the delivery of product and skill based sessions as appropriate to foster a dynamic environment that encourages positive attitude, innovation, team interaction and creativity via a blended learning strategy with a rich portfolio of classroom, one-on-one and sales floor evangelization delivery methods. Be the first point-of-contact for new channel partner employees, introducing tailored / localized programs while maintaining a regular review rhythm with partner training teams to ensure ongoing support on skill / knowledge gaps, new product introductions and personal development. Review and analyze the training and readiness conducted with partners, produce summary reports that make future recommendations in a professional, consultative manner.
Competitor Analysis: Understand the competitive landscape and lead the discussion on challenges or blockers to success. Create training plans, co-developed with our partners, to deliver both software and devices share through compete motions to accelerate new growth opportunities.
• Establish a calendar of training events and activities with assigned distributors, resellers, MNAs and device partners
• Tailor training content as necessary to reflect partner priorities, asks or needs based on performance
• Work with partners to build device sales pipeline and close deals via customer meetings and 3-legged calls
• Act as a primary POC for WW Evangelism team to develop, adapt and cascade training content & materials to local teams via training portals
• Create a robust Evangelism plan that delivers both online and offline training/readiness tactics (livestreaming, 1:many decks, sales tools, etc)
• Identify best practices across training efforts and team members share feedback with the broader Evangelist community on Facebook and other group mediums
• Create and facilitate memorable and immersive hands-on experiences for small and large audiences
• Capture feedback and KPIs as required for partner activities and engagement via specified tool
• Identify opportunities for deeper partner engagement events, campaigns, programs
• Work closely with device partner teams to extend and enhance partner engagement
Who we’re looking for:
• 5+ years of related partner or channel training / field readiness experience, preferably in the IT Channel
• Strong business acumen: Strong understanding and dealing with different business situations and stakeholders.
• Instructional design: Good design skills to tailor training content to address different styles of learning, audience types and formats
• Presentation skills: Energetic, charismatic speaker with ability to be both conversational and informative to either large or small audiences (1-100+)
• Commercial channel expertise: Strong knowledge of distributor and reseller sales environments and motions proven track record with telesales training and support
• Coaching & Mentoring: Ability to give precise and objective feedback to improve performance and competence, quick thinker and adept at handling objections and tough questions
• Proven track record in delivering training, evangelism and readiness effort with measurable business impact
• Ability to take the initiative and lead projects with little direction with independent decision making and organizational planning skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an outstanding attention to detail and an ability to see ‘the big picture’
• Strong industry knowledge, including hardware standards, devices, operating systems, software, cloud.
• Excellent presentation and demonstration skills to groups of all sizes and levels (100/200 level)
• Strong collaborator with partners and customers being mindful or addressing their needs in addition to our product priorities
• You have a passion for soft skills, you take ownership for your learning and you use that learning to share and tailor the knowledge to the different audiences you interact with
• Nationwide travel to partner/customer premises (on an as needed basis)