The UX Design position will be an integral part of our client’s IT Transformation and will need to have broad experience across all disciplines of UX, including research, Interaction Design and development. In this role, you will work to oversee and gauge the quality of the work done by their UX Center of Excellence and will also work to evangelize UX throughout the company. The ideal candidate has an innate understanding of UX, along with the technical ability to perform the duties and work alongside team members if needed, as they work to deliver superior user experiences for web, desktop, mobile and beyond.
• Work to design and implement design language system for the company
• Lead workshops and requirement-gathering sessions with business and technology partners.
• Work across all disciplines of the UX Team to design, develop, analyze, test and modify applications for web, desktop and mobile
• Work with researchers to design and conduct various types of research activities, including early design concept testing, rapid iterative testing, eye-tracking, remote testing, surveys, benchmark studies, usability test, heuristic evaluation, etc.
• Work with design teams to design test plans and help iterate designs throughout user testing.
• Identify gaps between the current and the ideal user experience to drive innovation focus and purpose.
• Continuously challenge the effectiveness of design, recommending changes, as appropriate.
• Manage end-user recruiting, partnering with business to identify and recruit end-users for involvement throughout the design process.
• Lead training and workshops to teach UCD methodologies to non-UX professionals.
Experience & Skills
• Bachelor’s in Human Factors, Interaction or Product Design, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, or related field (or equivalent professional experience); Masters preferred
• 10+ years experience applying research to interactive design
• Demonstrated experience leading UX teams through the entire design and development process
• Ability to present to Senior Leadership and evangelize UX throughout the organization
• Ability and desire to mentor and lead team members, and to coach and train non UX professionals
• Experience working with cross functional teams within large, complex, corporate environments
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects while meeting strict deadlines
• Extremely detail oriented, flexible to change, high tolerance for ambiguity and self-motivated
• Must be comfortable making decisions independently as well as within a team