The Manager, Communications, will be responsible for supporting the development of communications for various audiences in the CALA, including regional leaders, hotel General Managers, and property and associates. This individual will be responsible for validating translations of communications and training materials as well as performing translations on various communication and resource materials.
The Manager, Communications will:
• Understand the language needs of CALA’s stakeholders and leverage this to translate and validate translations to ensure accuracy and relevancy for each audience group.
• Serve as primary liaison with translation services vendors and partners.
• Partner with integration project team members, leaders, and communicators across deployment, operations, OFS and SMR to ensure alignment.
• Assist with webinar process, including developing agenda, coordinating with presenters, finalizing content and facilitating webinar.
• Proactively work across management levels and interact with key stakeholders, both internal and external, in order to develop communications plans and deliverables.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field with a graduate level preferred
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS:
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• Spanish language fluency required; fluency in Portuguese strongly desired
• Experience in the hotel industry preferred
• Proven project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects (from concept to product delivery), set priorities and manage vendors, internal staff, and stakeholders.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, problem resolution and teamwork skills, coupled with the ability to influence and maintain relationships with associates in other disciplines including Continents, Brand, Operations, and OFS.
• Ability to collaborate and build consensus among multiple stakeholders, and maintain and grow relationships with internal partners.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills including extremely strong writing, editing, design, proofreading abilities.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
• Ability to analyze large amounts of data (e.g., communications tracking, performance metrics) and make recommendations for improvement based on findings.
• Experience with web publishing and print publishing. Knowledge of web-publishing tools (e.g., Dreamweaver) and desktop-publishing tools (e.g., Illustrator, InDesign) strongly preferred.
• Ability to synthesize and interpret information and communicate actionable insights.
• Strong customer relations skills – ability to interface with all levels of management and at multiple levels within the organization.
• Experience analyzing and documenting processes.
• Experience with webinar delivery platforms.
• Strong written communication skills
• Interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Solid organizational and analytical skills for planning, coordinating and monitoring implementations
• Ability to identify and recommend approaches to addressing risks in a positive manner
• Go-getter, energetic, with eye toward project and process improvements
• Negotiate issues resolution with key stakeholders, including senior leaders
• Thrives in fast-paced environment with multiple priorities; high sense of accountability for projects
• Superior attention to detail