Our large e-commerce client is looking for an experienced, analytical and entrepreneurial Store Designer who will be responsible for design of various physical locations for the client. This position will engage with internal and external teams to manage the execution of multiple end to end projects at a given time. The ideal candidate is a passionate self-starter who is comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment and has outstanding communication skills and customer obsession.
The role’s key responsibilities will include:
- Executes Design strategy in various locations. Translating design brand standards and concepts to individual locations in an innovative yet structurally cognizant way.
- Develops and revises feasibility, schematic and renderings to support various teams internally and externally. Contributes to RFP and pitch packages as needed.
- Coordinates the production of design and construction documents by external architects and consultants. Responsible for the integrity and quality of the construction documents inclusive of design intent, detailing, code requirements, scheduling and MEPs.
- Participates in the architectural design process by reviewing and analyzing project documentation with clients and internal leadership.
- Conducts site visits for pre-design, post-demo, and design walk-through
- CAD drafting using Revit or AutoCAD and Sketchup software (4-6 years)
- Project management experience (1 year)
- Retail or hospitality design or development organization including management of construction documents (4-6 years)
- Experience managing external architectural and/or design consultants (4-6 years)
- Bachelors degree required
- Current knowledge of industry trends in retail store and hospitality design including furniture and finishes
- Current working knowledge of building and health codes and compliance issues
- Ability to balance design, with operational needs and budget objectives
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of architectural details and specifications for construction document production
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- The ability to work effectively in an extremely fast paced, ambiguous environment.
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record of owning project from start to finish – self-starter and self-directed
- Proactive and flexible attitude; willingness to take an “all hands on deck” approach