The Manager will serve as a key resource for change management and communications for the Enhanced Reservations Solution (ERS) Program, partnering with the Program Implementation team and receiving project direction from the Director of Communications & Change Management - BMSC. The Manager will also work to drive faster adoption, greater utilization and higher proficiency for the ERS program and other projects and programs that ERS is dependent on. The Senior Manager is accountable for driving sustainable change within all impacted disciplines of the program for both managed and franchised properties. Using the client’s global change management methodology, this individual will ensure that proper techniques are applied to facilitate behavior change and to support each phase of the ERS Program while making connections to broader Brand, Marketing, Sales and Consumer Services and Global Operations projects and programs. This role will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology that will all drive an enhanced customer experience. The Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing change management plans that minimize employee resistance and maximize employee engagement. The Manager will also work to drive faster adoption, greater utilization and higher proficiency for the ERS program and other projects and programs that ERS is dependent on, including One Yield version 2.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree; 4 years’ experience in business, sales and marketing, management operations, or related professional area.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in communications or business; 3 years’ experience in business, sales and marketing, revenue management, management operations, or related professional area.
- 2+ years’ experience in change management/consulting
- Experience in marketing and branding.
- Hospitality/Lodging industry experience.
- Revenue Management experience
- Experience and knowledge in change management, business transformation and organizational/ process analysis principles and methodologies.
- Experience in marketing and branding.
- Experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle. CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
- Partner with ERS Leaders and Global RM Leaders to develop communications strategies and tactical plans that support ERS initiatives.
- Conduct change readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Lead meetings to drive key communication and change management assets and deliverables toward completion.
- Ensuring ERS is shared in leadership meetings, conferences as appropriate.
- Design and apply a structured change management approach and methodology for initiatives supported.
- Assist in developing an overarching ERS communications strategy including oversight of communication with properties
- Assist in conducting change impact analysis and stakeholder assessments.
- Execute every aspect of the ERS communications plans to effectively disseminate key messages.
- Own, develop and manage calendar of key messages related to ERS and partner with RM Field Support to ensure consistent, relevant and timely delivery of internal communications material.
- Create messages describing ERS for use in internal communications
- Develop targeted communications (examples: memos, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), presentations, collateral, webcasts, etc.) describing change, preparation, rollout measurements and milestones based on international market needs.
- Develop core presentations for RM Leaders and key stakeholders (e.g., owners, GMs, revenue, etc.) related to ERS.
- Establish methods to measure the effectiveness of change management and communications efforts, set targets, track results, and improve programs. Lead data collection efforts and analyze data and feedback to inform strategy development; track performance and recommend solutions to continuously improve performance.
- Promote use and refinement of the communication protocols for all BMSC disciplines, to include:
• Webcast coordination and execution
• Preparation of Senior Management memos, presentations and communications
• Maintain distribution standards
• Improve processes, actively seeks stakeholder feedback and focuses on designing processes/materials.
• Responds to ad hoc requests.
• Support requests by department managers as needed.
• Seek opportunities to leverage knowledge, resources and work activities across the BMSC Communications and Change Management Change Management and other MI departments/divisions.
• Work collaboratively with a variety of key stakeholders both within BMSC and across the organization (e.g. Global Operations, Finance, iT, Continent Communications Leads, etc.) to ensure alignment and consistency with broader organizational communication efforts.
- Adaptability - Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges.
- Strong ability to write and edit for all media
- Strong ability with graphic design and layout…esp. strong with PowerPoint
- Experience using social media networking tools to achieve communications objectives strongly preferred
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Adds, subtracts, multiplies, or divides quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Listens to and understands information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.