- Menomonee Falls, WI
- Job Terms:
- Hourly rate
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Anne Baesemann
Aquent's client is looking for a Copywriter (Digital, Social Media, Print) to work on-location in office in Menomonee Falls. This is a contract role, most likely 6 months and can extend if things are going well. (40 hours week) MUST have a portfolio of compelling copywriting examples, preferably from an agency or in-house setting. This would be on a dynamic fast moving team in the retail space.
In this role, responsibilities may include crafting strategic and conceptually-sound copy across all media (with a strong focus on digital and social). Work will be in the consumer/retail space, could also work on TV ads, Catalogs, Coupons, banners and the like. You could help in developing campaigns and concepts to positioning brands and producing smart work, you'll be tasked with juggling numerous projects for multiple accounts. Must be tone and trend aware. Must understand results driven social media in consumer experience, and have experience writing in a millennial-centric voice. Understanding and willingness to work/be paired with a graphic designer to create effective messages.
The ideal candidate will have: 3-5+ years of copywriting experience in an agency setting, a great online portfolio with strong campaign work, and solid presentation skills with the ability to communicate ideas clearly. Besides possessing solid grammar skills, he/she will demonstrate a desire to push the envelope, and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Portfolio showing copywriting work in advertising, retail, consumer/B2C space (ads, coupons, emails, web pages, banners, etc)
- ability to write "quick hit" headlines and solution-based body copy
- Agency, Large Brand, Corporate (In-House), B2C, Retail or Fashion experience/writng samples preferred
- 3-5+ years experience
- Must be a self starter, not afraid to go after answers, as well as take criticism and move quickly as changes are needed, while understanding role within corporate space and brand standards
- Fabulous team player attitude - and - a sense of humor does not hurt either :)