- San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jessica Cizek
The Designer will be responsible for conceptual development and innovative creative solutions for all digital marketing strategies, focusingon the brand's website. This individual will take projects from brainstorm phase through launch for a host of marketing vehicles such as site pages both on mobile/desktop. In this role, the Designer will frequently be tasked with delivering multiple creative solutions to complex business problems, while partnering closely with other Designers, Marketers, Merchants, Content Developers and the UI/UX teams. This individual reports under a Senior Web Designer.
• Design elevated and effective site and email experiences under the supervision of a Sr. Designer
• Drive innovation with editorial approach
• Ensure designs work within a responsive design system; reflects the brand look-and-feel by following brand standards and actively help develop graphic standards
• Concept stories that work across digital + print platforms and transition them into final production-ready layouts
• Follow brand standards and actively develop graphic standards
• Present work to business partners and senior management
• Work with Jr. Designers and production team to carry through the execution of design layouts
• Effectively communicate functionality and strategy to web-content-developers and print production team
• Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing, production, photo, and merchandising
Major apparel retailer but you will be employed by Aquent. Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things: You're paid weekly with the option for direct deposit Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk) Access to Fidelity 401(k) Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward Bart passes, etc.) Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!) Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/ Access to free online courses via Lynda.com Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up).
• 3-5 years of web and print design experience; an understanding of responsive design and social media is a plus.
• Experience successfully partnering and directing visual UX designers to execute a final responsive design. Knowledge of the software development process and ability to communicate well with software development teams.
• Strong project management skills and ability to influence others as well as individual contributor. Able to work well in cross-functional teams.
• Extremely detail-oriented, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment simultaneously contributing to multiple projects each with aggressive development schedules.
• Strong communication skills. Able to present concepts in a clear and convincing manner to a broad range of audiences – from executives to software developers.
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• At least two references and portfolio demonstrating type and layout skills as well as variety.
• BA/BFA in Graphic Design.
• Team player