- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to $79.21/hour
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Corey King
In this assignment as a Photographic Art Director with the Retail Marketing team at Aquent's client, you will join a group of retail specialists, creatives, experience designers, producers, product marketers and brand managers whose mission it is to fundamentally change how people shop. Within Retail Marketing, the Creative Team concepts, designs, executes and supervises best-in-class digital experiences and marketing campaigns for our online and in-store properties.
Additional Role Description:
You think in pictures. You breathe simple, beautiful, surprising, and connective design. You have a portfolio of work that is both gorgeous in its intuition, and beautiful in its, well, beauty. You understand where humanity meets aesthetic, and pursue that intersection relentlessly and without hesitation. You enjoy finding new ways to visually define complex ideas and technologies in simple, approachable, and human terms. You are a progressive, tech savvy, and big thinking designer who wants to help steward and extend the brand.
Top Daily Responsibilities:
- Provide design and creative vision for the development and implementation of photography which will be used across demos, digital and experiential touchpoints.
- You think locally as well as globally in your photographic shot list. Understanding how to represent a global client while making it feel local and authentic.
- You have extensive world class Art Direction experience ranging from product photography and lifestyle. You have expertly crafted shot lists, wardrobe, location selection and have done so on a global level.
- Effectively craft design details to support creative programs and design marketing concepts that meet the brand and business objectives and advance our retail strategy.
- Translate ideas through various design skills (drawing/sketching, ideation, color theory, typography, imagery, and textures) while understanding the context, insight, and visual design realities at retail.
- Be a multi-brand steward by holding creative work to established style guides while working to improve and evolve those guides, delivery systems, and processes.
- Based in Mountain View, you excel sitting shoulder to shoulder on set collaborating with photographers, producers set designers and other team members.
- BA or MFA degree in Design or related discipline or 9 or more years of relevant experience
- Minimum 7 years experience leading and organizing photography shoots for established, globally recognized agencies and/or brands.
- Smart, bold, and accessible sense of design
- Extreme attention to detail and consistency
- Highly organized and ability to balance multiple simultaneous projects
- An excellent communicator and leader, knowledge of mediums and industry trends and trend-setters.
- Advanced skill in Adobe’s creative suite and a portfolio of original and breakthrough ideas
Aquent's client is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
***Background check is required for this position.***
***Please ensure FULL LEGAL NAME is noted on resume along with a PORTFOLIO LINK if applicable.***
***Assignment could start earlier if right candidate is identified.***