- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to $59.41/hour
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Corey King
In this assignment with Aquent's client as an Art Directory, you will collaborate with an existing team of strategists, designers, copywriters photographers and developers to produce high-quality visual designs, from concept to execution, for retail fixtures, Microsites and landing pages, social media and stakeholder presentations.
- Ability to work independently with a critical focus on detail, quality, and timeliness.
- Be excited to support the brand voice and guidelines — become an expert on the brand, products, and services.
- Provide innovative solutions to creative problems and key messaging initiatives.
- Present and validate concepts and designs effectively.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and consistently turn around top notch creative work.
- Stay on top of latest design trends, and make informed recommendations accordingly.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
1. Collaborate with our existing team of strategists, designers, copywriters photographers and developers to produce high-quality visual designs, from concept to execution, for retail fixtures, Microsites and landing pages, social media and stakeholder presentations.
2. Ability to work independently with a critical focus on detail, quality, and timeliness.
3. Work in a fast-paced environment and consistently turn around top notch creative work that represents innovative solutions to creative problems.
- BFA in graphic/visual design
- 4-6 years experience working for an agency or in-house design team on consumer facing marketing solutions.
- A solid portfolio demonstrating strength in visual communication/2D design work targeted at consumers.
- Strong comprehension of typography, color theory and layout principles.
- Proficiency in digital design tools (Adobe Creative Suite) and formats (print, email, web, etc.).
- Ability to build brand and style guidelines or adhere to existing guides in work.
- Great communication skills and experience collaborating through shared documents and presenting work remotely, as well as in person.
- Ability to work quickly and through multiple iterations while maintaining strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think and work holistically across mediums - digital, motion, experience and print.
- Attention to detail is paramount. Humility, passion, and a sense of humor is a must.
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Have a UX approach to your work, with a deep understanding of audiences as users/consumers.
- Solid comprehension of UI principles and their applications across the web, apps, email and beyond.
- Motion graphics abilities a plus — confident in designing/building GIFs, animated info-graphics, short-form video.
- Fixture design, experience design and event design is a huge plus.
- Hands-on knowledge of web development principles, processes, and boundaries with the ability to concept and execute assets that can be readily executed by developers.
Aquent's client is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
***Background check is required for this position.***
***Please ensure FULL LEGAL NAME is noted on resume along with a PORTFOLIO LINK if applicable.***
***Assignment could start earlier if right candidate is identified.***