In this assignment with Aquent's client, you will be part of a global social media team who works closely with Product Marketing Managers covering a wide range of products across markets, aspiring to make client the most loved and engaged social brand in the world while driving core business metrics.
As a Business Analyst, you will work with Marketing and other cross-functional teams (Product, Content, Engineering etc) to fully utilize social data in order to uncover insights that inform business and marketing decisions and track/assess the effectiveness of our campaigns/programs.
Candidate will have a strong analytics background, proficient at querying data, but also experienced at turning raw data into valuable insights. Should be comfortable running simple linear regression analysis, and will demonstrate strategic thinking in combining our data for insights. Good oral and written communication skills essential.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Own the overall social analytics, set KPIs, develop the metrics infrastructure and optimize organic/paid social campaigns.
- Track and quantify social impact on business metrics including our ability to grow social footprints for our partners.
- Accelerate speed to insights for timely decision making; spot trends before they become trends.
- Gain predictability in where and how we invest our resources.
- BA/BS degree in Journalism, Business Analytics, Economics, Math, Statistics and/or related discipline
- Minimum 2-3+ years experience with social listening tools such as Sysomos, Crimson Hexagon
- Proficiencies in Excel/Google spreadsheet with the ability to move and shift data
- 1+ years of experience in SQL analyzing sophisticated data sets; well-versed in analytical and presentation tools (pivot tables, graphs, functions, etc)
- Well-versed in story-based reporting (on paper and in person): candidate doesn't just cough out facts and figures, but rather thoughtfully and holistically creates reports that address strategic marketing and business questions with a data-based narrative.
- Track record of effectively delivering multiple projects at one time in very fast-moving environment, strong project management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments, as well as ability to escalate appropriately.
Nice to haves:
- Ability to influence at all levels and work effectively across functions and geographies. Lead non-hierarchical, cross-functional working teams who don’t report into this role.