- Palo Alto, CA
- Job Terms:
- up to $49.50/hour
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Corey King
In this assignment with Aquent's client, the Distribution Marketing Specialist must be a strong coordinator and project manager, with a desire to drive commercially important projects to completion. It is essential that this individual is a clear communicator and able to support client in its implementation of marketing into the Distribution Channel. A large proportion of the role will be in managing the day to day marketing operations of client’s external accounts with its distribution partners.
Industry related experience of B2B, wholesale or distribution Channel Marketing or Merchandising is a strong advantage.
- Interacting and collaborating with members of the Sales Team to understand the needs of the channel, review incoming partner needs and deliver on time and on budget.
- Responsible for checking compliance of distribution partners against the brand guidelines, including adherence to copy guidance, correct use of imagery and correct interpretation of the brand. Regularly perform audits of partner websites to ensure they are compliant and current.
- Provide the Sales team with briefings on deployment of marketing into the distribution channel.
- Support Quarterly business reviews.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Work with Sales and Marketing stakeholders to ensure there is consistency in brand execution and implementation across all activities in distribution and follow guidelines of the overall distribution marketing strategy.
- Manage implementation of marketing into distribution partners. Working with them to increase awareness in the channel, share of voice, and sell-through of client products.
- This individual will work with distribution partners on a daily basis to develop marketing plans, supply them with assets, collateral, and messaging. On-boarding of new distribution partners, making sure these partners are fully equipped with the tools they need to start selling products.
- Bachelor’s degree (no particular field of study)
- 3-4 years of related experience in channel marketing and or wholesale/distribution
- Understanding of and/or background in wholesale or distributor channel marketing.
- Experience in B2B marketing to the trade.
- Experience launching marketing activities that leverage more than one brand while maintaining consistency.
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- Proven success negotiating with partners to create experiences that support your brand and products.
- Experience working for powerful, iconic brands (consumer or B2B) that engage consumers through disruptive marketing.
- Proven success driving awareness, engagement, and conversion results for trade products.
- Worked with external agencies and agents, e.g. advertising agencies, designers, photographers.
- Experience with channel marketing measurement: managing analytics and KPI reporting to goals.
- Budget reporting responsibility.
Aquent's client is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
***Background check is required for this position.***
***Please ensure FULL LEGAL NAME is noted on resume along with a PORTFOLIO LINK if applicable.***
***Assignment could start earlier if right candidate is identified.***