Seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist to join a major life sciences company in the San Diego Market! This is a year long contract role to start off. As a Marketing Web Publishing Specialist, you will be responsible for taking content from multiple business units partners and feeding it thoughtfully into a website’s content management system. You will collaborate to ensure accuracy and be mindful of customer’s needs, ensuring the user experience is compelling.
- Create HTML pages within the Corporate content management system in collaboration with senior Web Authors, Client Services Managers, Digital Content Managers, and Business Partners.
- Manage workflow and maintain tight deadlines of multiple, simultaneous projects, with prioritization guidance from supervisor.
- Understand and apply style guidelines.
- Understand site architecture and navigational guidelines, both best practices and based on company styles.
- Edit/prepare optimized web-ready digital graphics by compositing, masking, sharpening, resizing, etc., as needed.
- Interface within the Project Management System on assigned projects. Includes retrieving assets, communicating details of project, uploading URLs for review, and completing assigned steps within the workflow.
- Collaborate with team members providing project status updates as needed to ensure timely and successful completion.
- Use critical thinking to identify when content provided needs clarification or correction, and seek out solutions from appropriate team members.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree, and 1–2 years of hands-on experience with customer-facing web sites.
- Experience working with content management systems, Adobe Experience Manager a plus.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite of products including Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver.
- Solid understanding & experience with HTML and CSS.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Basic understanding of SEO principles.
- Experience in working with in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Extreme attention to detail and an eye for design consistency.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all project team members on a formal, informal, written, and verbal basis.
- Team player with a positive attitude who is prepared to go the extra mile to accomplish business objectives.