We are looking for an Mid-level Art Director who will support the imperatives, marketing and communication efforts for a newly developed in house Creative team within a Fortune 500 company.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• The Art Director for the Creative Team at S&P Global fulfills the deliverables of their assigned projects.
• Develops the brand’s point of view though multi channel design (i.e.: print, digital, environmental and experiential, etc.)
• Assist in the development of concepts from briefs with various creative team members and executes those concepts in a manner that is cohesive to project and business partners objectives.
Functional and Business Knowledge
• Develops a solid understanding of each business partner’s market and their customers.
• Works with project managers and business partners to identify design strategy and respond to questions question related to that strategy.
• Works with project manager in conceptual stages and throughout project to ensure that design solutions are within scope.
• Works with designers to ensure the design strategy is in line with the overall scope of work and brand guidelines.
• Gives accurate detailed instructions to the assigned team member and follows through to ensure that projects are completed to standards of excellence, brand, quality and meeting firm deadlines.
Typical Scope and Goals
• Contributes to the achievement of team objectives and the objectives of the functional or business area supported
• Contributes to the creative team’s objectives towards design, communication and marketing excellence.
• Presentation of concepts to various seniority levels within the company
Minimum and preferred experience and skills
• The ideal candidate will be a creative professional who feels comfortable working in a corporate environment.
• Must have agency or graphic design firm experience.
• Info graphics and/or brand, and/or experiential design a must.
• B2B experience desirable.
• Interactive experience a must.
• Ability to translate concepts into compelling layouts using web, content marketing and editorial disciplines and methods.
• Ability to assist in identifying and building synergy brand opportunities with business partners and create unique outlets for those opportunities.
• Strong time management
• Is up to date on design and marketing trends to ensure the work produced is current and relevant to the business.
• Effective communication skills essential as well as the ability to communicate with both creative and non-creatives
• Comfortable presenting to various seniority levels within a corporation
• Be prepared to share your book of work displaying Infographics/Interactives/Events/Brand design.