- New York City
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Cassie Hunter
AQUENT is collaborating with a major beauty brand to find a Sr. Production Artist for their Visual Merchandising and Production needs! This is a freelance position with full-time hours based in NYC (approx. 3 months, possibly longer).
To create accurate mechanicals for 2D (print and digital files) and visual merchandising with exacting skill and a thorough understanding of applying design standards. Position requires the highest level of professional competency in the Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. A thorough understanding of the 4/Color printing process is expected, as well as the ability to prepare files for output. Ability to independently manage ones own individual production calendar assigned by director of operations. Willingness to learn any proprietary software programs necessary to studio’s production.
- While this position centers on producing print and visual merchandising mechanicals, a thorough understanding of the language of design, acute sensitivityto typography, and follow-through on all corporate design standards and direction is imperative.
- While working within specifications set forward by Design, backed by the artwork managers, create flawless, high-quality digital files with any necessary markups.
- Liasion with vendors and marketing teams to ensure accurate production direction on all jobs.
- Must follow through diligently with details of all projects from understanding design-turnover to final production turnover-- making rounds of corrections, creating comps as needed, making changes as necessary. Must assume ownership of each job he or she touches.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of printing and output processes. Must understand the production of 4-color photography, specifically as it relates to mechanicals and printing processes.
- Must follow all departmental protocols, server protocols, Team center routing, and archiving procedures. Uploading files to the Global creative server.
- 5-7 years of hands-on studio production experience in a corporate environment, design firm, or agency preferably experienced in the cosmetics or fashion arena. Design or art school experience a plus.
- Excellent computer skills on all Macintosh programs; Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Knowledge of all digital file formats and their best-practice applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and vendors. Ability to collaborate effectively with other team members of larger projects.
- Superior organizational skills to handle the details of several projects simultaneously with the ability to juggle pressing priorities with ease.
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Strong knowledge of 4-color printing process, be able to pre-flight, create mechanicals, collect files and liaison with printers.
If this sounds like you, apply today!
A reputable beauty brand, but you will be employed by AQUENT. Working with AQUENT gives you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly with the option for direct deposit Subsidized Health/Vision/Dental (including term life and LTD) benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) Access to the Flexible Spending Account Program (pre-tax payment toward commuter passes, etc.)
- Talent Rewards Program (we pay cash for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent Support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (We're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)