- Palo Alto, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Ryan Stipes
As a Global Meeting & Events Manager, you will work as an integrated member of an event management team responsible for leading and achieving operational objectives for corporate employee events with consideration towards corporate values, optimization of the employee experience and how it relates to the content. The individual will report to the Director Global On-Site Events. This position will interface directly with internal stakeholders/teams, key partner agencies, venues and all third-party suppliers.
• Gain an understanding of and continue to build on current events, communication, and culture, as well as Executive Staff’s goals and employees’ needs and desires for meetings and events
• Continuously evaluate the day to day experience of employees; making improvements using creativity and out of the box thinking
• Assist in the creative design of all events, from theme, layout design, décor, and lighting.
• Have core responsibility in planning, marketing, and execution of employee events from 10 up to 5,000 people
• Provide management necessary for site selection, contract negotiations, and vendor management of the assigned programs
• Assist with any necessary communication to employees for these programs
• Provide cost analysis for assigned individual events and overall annual analysis by function group
• Research best practices at other organizations and network with those in applicable fields to gain further knowledge for implementation and improvement for meetings and events
• Support sourcing for meetings requests based on direction of team
• Other event and ad hoc projects/ needs as assigned
• Forward thinking and highly creative individual able to provide innovative and creative ideas to support meetings and events.
• Minimum of 5 yrs experience of solid meeting, events, planning and management.
• Experience within a corporate environment is mandatory and community service events a plus
• Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment with high degree of independence
• Organizational and project management skills, ability to multi task and prioritize projects a must
• Must have strong budget, cost analysis and analytical skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Experience in journalism or communications a plus
• Extensive venue and travel knowledge
• Experience in meeting sourcing tool a plus (CVENT, Concur)
• Be a team player skilled at both managing and working as part of a team
• Minimum undergraduate degree required. CMP or other industry certification a plus