- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Annie Lucia
For this assignment with Aquent's client, we are looking for a Research Assistant (RA) to support UX Research work on a games-related project. The RA will work closely with other researchers, gaining insights from a variety of people who play digital games.
- Support ongoing UX research work - by running or moderating qualitative studies, analyzing data, organizing research session logistics, writing detailed reports.
- Collect and analyze user behavior through benchmark studies, lab studies, interviews, home visits and/or surveys.
- Work with other researchers, designers, product managers, engineers in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Create participant screeners and work with our recruiting team on finding the right participants.
- Help collect and organize materials needed for studies; take notes during sessions.
- Help analyze qualitative data.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- At least one year experience conducting qualitative research; industry experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Must have experience working on video game experiences, or must be an avid gamer.
- Experience working with other researchers on qualitative data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
Nice to Have Skills:
- At least one year experience conducting research on consumer-facing experiences.
- Working knowledge of statistics (regressions, ANOVAs) and the principles of experiment design.
- Specialized knowledge / expertise in social psychology or online communities.
Aquent's client is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: long-term assignments with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
***Background check is required for this position.***
***Please ensure FULL LEGAL NAME is noted on resume along with a PORTFOLIO LINK if applicable.***
***Assignment could start earlier if right candidate is identified.***