- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennie Brandon
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work directly with product design to make the best social platform. For this position, our client seeks a range from qualitative specialists to methodological generalists, with broad skills in qualitative and design research methods and an understanding of quantitative concepts. Work ranges from formative to evaluative, ethnography to usability.
The right candidates will be excellent communicators, understand how to identify new opportunities for product innovations, knowledgeable about UI design, passionate about advocating for end users, comfortable in a flat, fast moving organization, excited to collaborate, and focused squarely on impacting the design of this platform.
- Work closely with product teams to identify research topics
- Design studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods, such as surveys
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Minimum of 4+ years of User Research experience
- Passionate about social media and able to speak to the technology/industry
- Patient, communicative, team player that is detail oriented and has outstanding interpersonal skills
- Experience partnering with design, product and engineering partners
- Experience with a variety of research methods spanning generative, formative and evaluative objectives
- Comfortable designing and executing research plans independently to meet objectives of the team
- Experience doing research with managed clients where relationship building is critical part of every research touchpoint
- ***Experience with Business to Business, Fin-Tech, or Advertising research
- MA / PhD preferred. Experience in applied product research
This TOP social media company headquartered in Menlo Park, CA was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
This social media leader is looking for a UX Researcher for a 6-month assignment onsite at their office in New York City.
***Please ensure full legal name is noted on resume along.***
***Please be prepared to share portfolio / work samples.***