- Burbank, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennifer Lee
Broadcast Maintenance Engineer will report to the Sr. Manager of Broadcast Engineering. Please note that this position will require schedule flexibility. It will start off with normal business hours for training purposes and then switch over to the overnight shift.
- Hands on Engineering position involving Maintenance, Configuration, Troubleshooting, of the Network Operation
- Center’s Broadcast Play to Air systems both local Legacy and Cloud Based in remote Data Centers.
- Assist in the Maintenance, Configuration, and Troubleshooting of complex IP based Network infrastructure.
- Take Proactive Action to Correct Ongoing Broadcast Equipment related problems with little Supervision.
- Position requires off hour shift work including flexibility to work overnight and weekend hours.
- BS, AA, or Trade School Equivalent Academic Training.
- 5 + years’ experience in Broadcast Play to Air Engineering Support and Maintenance.
- Prior Experience with Video Server, Storage Systems, & On Air Master Control Environment.
- Prior Experience with Broadcast Automation Systems such as ADC-100.
- Knowledge and understanding of SD & HD Video standards, including routing, distribution, and processing equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding to Support new Cloud Playback systems based on Virtual applications servers.
- Support of MPEG Transport Stream over IP program delivery of our Cable Networks for broadcast.
- Troubleshooting and analysis of SCTE 35 and 104 ad cue triggering.
- Familiarity with Remote Desktop troubleshooting, configuration, and recovery of remote Cloud Data Center systems.
- Strong Network Admin Skillset with previous responsibilities maintaining IP Networks
- Knowledge and understanding of RF and Satellite tech a plus
- Knowledge of Transport Stream Tech a plus
Client is a global entertainment and news television group.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by AQUENT
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Perks and Discounts at leading major retailers
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
If you are a fit for this position, please email your resume, work samples and cover letter to Jennifer at email@example.com