Our renowned Fortune 500 client, who has been helping clients stay ahead of financial risk since 1919, is looking for a talented freelance UX Design Lead to work onsite, 40 hours a week in their Charlotte, NC location, open ended engagement. This is a totally cool, high energy, creative agency environment - perfect for those who love the “agency style” without the crazy hours.
What You Will Do:
- Reporting directly to the UX Director, you will help drive the research, design and creation of employee-facing applications and external facing client web sites. As UX Design Lead, you will have extensive experience with UX design, with proven visual design and interaction experience, as well as the ability to conduct and lead user research efforts.
- Lead great end-to-end UX and product development process – from visioning/research to iterative design and testing in an evolving agile environment
- Mentor other onshore and offshore UX designers; help grow and foster a healthy creative environment; create, grow and maintain design best practices
- Define and execute the end-to-end UX strategy and vision for multiple lines of commercial insurance products, spanning multiple user groups including underwriters, operations, risk
- Develop overall delivery strategy and working with discipline leads and project teams to execute on client demands and user experience targets
- Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations to clients, team members and senior management; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels
- Leverage visual design and technical skills, prototyping/responsive web fundamentals and engage users to identify opportunities for improving site usability and responsiveness
- This role is 65% design, 35% UX management; 15% - 20% travel (within the USA).
What You Need:
- In this role, you must be able to apply digital industry trends to solutions, directly engage with senior client leaders, and manage internal design teams - on shore and off shore - to plan, design, and deliver world-class user experiences.
- Must be proficient in creating detailed interactive solutions by interpreting broadly-defined business requirements, translating those solutions into wireframes, clickable models, process and user flows. Candidate must also have proven experience in persona analysis, competitive analysis, desktop, tablet, mobile, and usability analysis/ testing.
- Degree from a leading university in Design, Human Factors, Fine Arts or related field
- 7-10 UX design experience (visual design, interaction design and user research)
- Extensive experience with large scale, transactional, enterprise applications, expert knowledge of UX process in an Agile environment
- Ability to create design comps for both print and web, confidence to help drive design solutions with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of industry standard tools: Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, expert knowledge of mobile app and mobile web responsive design, extensive experience designing enterprise products
- Portfolio of examples that illustrates all required skills/experience
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org