Our renowned Fortune 500 client, who has been helping clients stay ahead of financial risk since 1919, is looking for a talented freelance UX Designer to work onsite, 40 hours a week in their NYC location, 6 months with opportunity to extend. This is a totally cool, high energy, creative agency environment - perfect for those who love the “agency style” without the crazy hours. The team includes UX Strategists, Creative Technologists, Product Managers, Developers, UX, UI, and Visual Designers.
What You Will Do:
- User Experience Designers change tools from something that people have to use to engaging and intuitive tools that they truly enjoy. They know how a product should look, feel and work, and understand what users need and want in the digital space and in real life.
- In this role, you will utilize your excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations; engaging presentation style to create response design for mobile devices in all formats, communicating and collaborating with software architects and developers.
- Execute interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team as well as collaborate on user experience planning with a UX Lead
- Research emerging interaction design and technology trends
What You Need:
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- A Portfolio that demonstrates vision, articulates mission and solution
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail; experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Appreciation of the importance of visual design for a successful user experience.
- Knowledge of Axure, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, InVision; experience with user interface design patterns, Lean UX, and UCD methodologies
- Understanding of common software project management practices and common software development practices
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org