If you thrive in understanding complex scenarios in order to build creative and relevant information architecture and interaction patterns and you are interested in defining the next generation of mobile app creation experiences for businesses, this job could be your next challenge!
Our client is looking for an experienced UX designer who is passionate about user-centered design approaches, interaction design excellence, and transforming customer data into elegant and usable solutions. In this role, you’ll work closely with researchers, developers, program managers, and other designers to create a modern content consumption, authoring, and creation experiences for the SharePoint Android and iOS apps.
You’ll have the opportunity to make product decisions, construct UX solutions, and define the vision of the end-to-end user experience. The ideal candidate will be an end-user advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions. They will be experienced in the application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices. They will have thorough working knowledge of mobile UX patterns and conventions (bonus points for experience with multiple platforms) and take pride in sweating the details to deliver highly polished user experiences.
We're a fast-paced development team, and excellent communication skills are a must. You should have the ability to effectively present ideas and influence key stakeholders across different disciplines. Qualified candidates must demonstrate the ability to execute design work with a high standard for quality within time and technical constraints amid competing priorities and ambiguous situations.
Top 3 Must Haves:
• Experience designing mobile apps; iOS and/or Android
• Proficiency with design tools – 1 or more – Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Xd, InVision
• Ability to document user experience and interactivity through wireframes, flowcharts, screenshots, design specifications/redlines
• A degree in Interaction Design or related discipline (Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Visual Design) preferred
• 5-7 years of professional experience in interactive product design, including 2 years mobile experience
• Strong visual design/layout/typography skillset
• Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator and other relevant ideation and prototyping tools for mobile (e.g. Xd, Sketch, InVision, etc.)
• Ability to rapidly iterate and prototype UX, on mobile form factors
• High level of comfort with mobile and web-based technologies, CSS, HTML, etc.
• Ability to document user experience and interactivity through wireframes, flowcharts, screenshots, design specifications/redlines, and prototype demos
• Strong problem solving, creative, communication, and negotiation skills
• Experience working with other User Experience disciplines (User Research, Visual Design, and User Assistance), Technical disciplines (PM, Dev, Test), as well as Business and Marketing.
• Ability to utilize creativity
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with the team
• Ability to identify and resolve problems/issues
• Meeting deadlines
• Quality of work