This posting is for a potential new opportunity expected to come up in the next 2-6 weeks.
- Concept on existing products and product ideas to develop innovative, ergonomic, user-friendly designs that attract consumers. Coordinate the look and function of product lines.
- Draft sketches and illustrations of potential products or work on enhancing an existing product to make it more appealing to consumers.
- Use blueprints, detailed drawings, or computer-aided designs to demonstrate product potential.
- Fabricate models using samples.
- Revise models according to client specifications.
- Research design trends and product limitations.
- Work with engineering, marketing, production, and/or sales departments to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products.
- Present designs to client for approval.
- Test designs in focus groups or surveys.
- Perform research on appearance, safety, function, serviceability, budget, production costs/methods, and market characteristics.
- Attend trade shows and exhibitions.
- Research cost of production materials and labor to produce product.
- Develop manufacturing protocol.
- Develop industrial standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Take part in specialist or multidisciplinary team meetings.
- Travel to production facilities to supervise manufacturers' efforts.
- Work on package design or improving industrial machinery.
- Create trademarks to appear on advertising materials or company marketing collateral.
- Supervise drafters.
- Create machine-readable instructions for further clarification.
- A bachelor’s degree in industrial design, architecture, or engineering