Large media and entertainment company in Burbank is looking for TWO Social Media Analysts to join their team. This is a 6-month temporary position with the possibility of extending.
The Social Analytics Specialist will monitor, analyze, and report on social media activity related to television brands and properties under the company umbrella. The Social Analytics Specialist will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to provide valuable actionable data-driven insights that leverage social media to inform programming, marketing, product, and sales strategies across the organization.
- Monitor social media conversations related to company properties using a suite of social listening tools; report on themes, drivers, sentiment, and other KPIs.
- Track performance of owned, paid, and competitive social media activity using a suite of social measurement tools; report on impressions, reach, engagement, and other KPIs.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders (Marketing, Sales, Research, etc.) to understand business objectives and the larger strategic context behind individual initiatives.
- Prepare visually appealing reports that translate data into insights.
- Past experience with social listening and analytics
- Must be able to pull data about social marketing efforts and consumer-driven conversation on the social web rather than someone who manages campaigns and posts on a brand's social handles
- Must have strong experience with Excel & Powerpoint
- 3+ years relevant social media reporting experience; entertainment industry experience a plus.
- Keen interest in ever-evolving social media landscape (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat).
- Experience setting up social tracking topics and pulling relevant data from leading social listening tools (e.g. NetBase, Crimson Hexagon, Sysomos).
- Experience tracking owned, paid, and competitive performance using leading social measurement tools (e.g. Shareablee, ListenFirst, Sprinklr).
- Familiarity with social platforms’ native analytics offerings (e.g. Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, YouTube Analytics, etc.)
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and other MS Office applications.
- Outstanding research and analytical skills; ability to glean insights from disparate data sources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with some project management experience a plus.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- A proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a team and thrives in a collaborative environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- Should be familiar with tools such as Netbase, Crimson Hexagon, Shareablee, or ListenFirst.
- Candidates must have relevant functional experience & be able to hit the ground running.
- Netbase is a new tool that the department is transitioning to so it's a huge plus if the candidates are already trained on this.