A Vancouver-based gaming studio is looking for a User Interface Designer to support its web team. The designer will be responsible for translating existing game UI designs for web & mobile, as well as helping design the visual refresh for the website. Our ideal candidate will work closely with the Web product owner, stakeholders, web developers and game developers.
Our ideal candidate should have an understanding of interface design in theory and execution, as well as a good understanding of user experience flows. The candidate possesses strong design, analytical and problem-solving skills. This individual must demonstrate excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively within a small team that has many stakeholders.
Applicants should be self-motivated and self-directed, with the ability to take direction from a Product Owner and Lead Artist, but also work well under engineering and time constraints.
• 2+ years experience designing interfaces
• Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator
• Able to communicate effectively with both artists and programmers
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Has a high level of detail
• BSc degree or equivalent experience/education
• Game industry experience preferred
• CSS and HTML5 experience a plus
• Self-starter who works well with a team.
• Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
• Dynamic problem solver.
• Passion for playing video games.