The Regional Market Development Manager (RMD) for Genotyping is responsible for the Go-to-Market strategy and demand generation for North America. S/he will lead the development and execution of channel optimization marketing plans to support the salesforce that sells the genotyping portfolio in a market environment targeting AgriGenomics, Reproductive Health, translational medicine, research, diagnostic, and clinical reference laboratories. Reports to Leader, Regional Market Development.
The successful candidate will be a results oriented leader and will coordinate closely with the Genotyping Global Market Development Leader, Product Management and other partners at various levels in the company to develop and execute tactical marketing plans and positioning. Additionally, s/he will partner with Business Units, Sales, Events Marketing, and Executive Management to execute integrated marketing programs designed to help achieve North America sales, marketing, and revenue goals. S/he acts as project lead and liaison to internal and outside vendors, maintaining excellent professional relationships, in order to facilitate the conversion of marketing ideas and messages into effective marketing programs. Marketing channel responsibility includes, but is not limited to, sales force, digital, commercial partners and (where applicable) distributors. The successful candidate will have experience in life science marketing, product management, and/or sales, and have exceptional teamwork, communication and execution skills paired with strong organizational skills to achieve goals on time. Previous experience in using real-time PCR, microarrays or sequencing is a plus.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead cross functional teams as an individual contributor to develop tactical action plans that drive growth in key channels and customer segments.
- Strong collaboration with Global Market Development teammates, ensuring strategic alignment across product and target market segments, championing a unified message and position to internal and external customers.
- Drive lead generation programs that result in sales and long term customer satisfaction. Measure and report on market effectiveness
Develop messaging & tools that communicate the value/brand directly to customers through multiple channels, including sales force, and digital marketing.
Lead and drive strategy, cross-business coordination and tactical execution for selected North America-based trade shows and conferences, from large international conferences, to smaller local workshops and seminars.
SKILLS and REQUIREMENTS
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, genetics, biology, microbiology, and/or cell biology or related discipline with >2 years experience in a marketing or product marketing role. Sales experience a plus.
- Required: Has working understanding of corporate marketing functions, planning and strategy
- Required: Ability to work on problems of routine to diverse scope. Ability to effectively communicate with sales team and other stakeholders. Identifies problems, proposes resolutions, gains cooperation of others to implement efficient solutions.
COMMUNICATION, WRITTEN AND ORAL
- Participate proactively and consistently, and play an active, positive role in working through various levels of operating mechanisms, including internal and external partners to achieve goals of the company, customer, and colleagues.
- Ability to lead and provide functional area guidance and expertise to the team.
- Provide routine updates through verbal and written communication of successes, failures, best practices, etc. to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team.
- Must be willing to learn and take coaching from peers and supervisors/superiors, both in success and failure.
- Field travel as necessary (up to 10% travel)
- Utilize proven organizational skills to successfully manage territory sales activities.